January’s Monthly Market Talk report, produced by the Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS®, has just been released.
- Click here for the January Reno Monthly Market Report.
- Click here for the January Fernley Monthly Market Report.
From the Reno report:
- January ended the month with 346 sold transactions down 17% from the prior month. Sales were up 49% over the same period last year. Historically, this was a record high number of closed transactions for the month of January since 2004.
- January 2010 median price was down 5.3% to $169,925 compared to $179,500 in December 2009.
- Bank Owned unit sales were down in January to 136 as compared to 142 in December. Bank owned sales represent 40% of the sales, up from 35% in December.
- Short Sales were at 119 in January, down from 121 reported in December. Short sales represent 35% of the mix in January as compared to 30% in December.
- No Special Condition (None) sales decreased in January to 81 as compared to 107 in December. Sales reported as “No Special Condition” represented 24% of the sales, down from 26% reported in December.