Here are a few national real estate-related stories that came across my desk this week. Thank you to those readers who forwarded headlines to me.
- from Fox News: Californians flee for better-run states, study finds
The Manhattan Institute finds that the biggest beneficiaries of the population drain are Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Georgia and South Carolina.
- from the Wall Street Journal: The Year Everyone Was Wrong (Again) About Home Prices
- from CNNMoney: Housing to drive economic growth (finally!)
- from CNNMoney: Home prices post biggest jump in 6 years
- from CNNMoney: FHA to hike premiums on mortgages
- from CNNMoney: 2012 home sales: Best in 5 years
- from Fox News: For millionaire athletes, states with highest tax rates may not make the cut
California takes 13.3 percent on income above $1 million, but states like Florida, Nevada and Texas are among seven that take nothing.