ATTOM Data Solutions recently released its Q1 2018 Single Family Rental Market report, which ranks the best U.S. markets for buying single family rental properties in 2018. Despite Reno, Nevada’s current record-high rental rates, the actual yield on SFR rentals ranks near the bottom of the list — coming in at 5.2% annually. That’s because home prices are also at record highs for our market.
From the ATTOM Data Solutions report…
The average annual gross rental yield (annualized gross rent income divided by median purchase price of single family homes) among the 449 counties was 8.9 percent for 2018, down from an average of 9.2 percent in 2017.
Compare Washoe County’s yield of 5.2% to that of these top performing counties…
- Baltimore County, Md.: 28.6%
- Bibb County, Ga. (Macon metro area): 21.8%
- Montgomery County, Ala. (Montgomery metro area): 21.7%
- Wayne County, Mich. (Detroit metro area): 21.7%
- Clayton County, Ga. (Atlanta metro area): 20.3%
Here’s a cool interactive map from ATTOM Data Solutions report…