The Southwest Journal just published an article diving into the pros and cons of living in Reno, Nevada. The article is fairly thorough providing an overview of Reno’s: cost of living; housing market; weather patterns; job market; crime rate; educational landscape; arts and culture; parks and recreation; restaurants; and casinos.
Check it out here: Life in Reno: 10 Things to Know BEFORE Moving to Reno, NV 2023
Give it a read and let me know what you agree and/or disagree with in the comments below.
TL;DR the piece? From a ChatGPT summarize extension:
Is it worth moving to Reno, Nevada?
- Yes, Reno offers a unique blend of outdoor beauty, cultural experiences, and vibrant community for those seeking natural landscapes, career opportunities, or arts scene.
- Reno is considered a great place to live due to low taxes, job growth, quality schools, and recreational activities.
- The cost of living in Reno is 8% higher than the national average, with housing costs being the main factor. An annual salary of around $80,000 is recommended for comfortable living.
- Reno attracts new residents, including professionals, families, and retirees, due to job opportunities, natural beauty, and favorable living conditions.
- Reno offers a laid-back atmosphere, beautiful surroundings, and a growing arts scene, while Las Vegas is known for entertainment, the Strip, and nightlife.
- Reno has friendly and welcoming residents, contributing to a warm and inclusive community vibe.