Are you an AirBnB or VRBO host? Or are you considering entering the short-term rental space? If so, then you may be interested in Washoe County’s proposed recommendations for short-term rentals.
Some of the recommendations on the table include:
- Short-term rental (STR) permit required
- Designated 24/7 responsible party who can respond to issues within a 30-minute timeframe
- Annual renewal of STR permit
- Applicable room taxes to be paid
- Designated parking spaces to be provided
- Occupancy limits
Please note: These recommendations apply only to STRs in unincorporated Washoe County — meaning outside of Reno and Sparks.
These recommendations for consideration by the Board of County Commissioners will be heard at the Board’s November 12th, 2019 meeting at, or after, 1:30PM. Click here for the meeting agenda and location.
If you happen to attend, please share your comments below.